Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
About This Position
Global Solar Energy is seeking process engineers for manufacturing and developing thin film solar modules in Tucson, AZ. Our CIGS-based thin film is used to produce high efficiency flexible modules for GSE commercial products and to supply OEMs.
- Responsible for SOP creation and proper operation of equipment
- Technical understanding at the level of constant improvement
- Develop improved processes and equipment
- Technical training of technicians and/or operators
- Effective failure analysis and problem solving
- Run data correlation and reduction, including SPC
- Reporting of metrics, status of failure analysis, corrective actions, and improvement plans
- Database accuracy
- Specification of incoming materials and handling methods
- Achieve production goals for both quantity and quality of product
- Preventive maintenance scheduling and control
- Equipment modification in coordination with equipment and technology groups
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- BS in Materials Science, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or equivalent degree in technical field
- Converting, photovoltaic, or semiconductor industry experience helpful
- Ability to work efficiently with a team of engineers, manufacturing personnel and scientists
- Ability to communicate effectively with GSE management and production workers
- Ability to track and report work activities accurately while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn/use company ERP system
- Overseas Travel may be required
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.