Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Position
The Human Resources Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring compliance in all areas of Human Resources and maintaining all compliance in accordance with laws of the State of Arizona and federal laws of the United States, as well as, corporate policy and procedure. This position involves additional duties including working with recruiters to develop offer/promotion letters, administer on-boarding of new staff and associated paperwork to ensure new hire orientation is completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for administration of all new hire pre-employment actions including but not limited to:
- Coordinate with staffing agencies, independent recruiters, and internal departments about all aspects regarding talent acquisition
- Administer the pre-employment drug and alcohol screening process
- Conduct background verification, reference verification, and other
- Ensure all immigration paperwork and I-9 documentation is complete accurately an timely
- Process the on-boarding documentation after an applicant has been selected
- Provide New Hire Orientation
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, applicable laws, and employment legislation pertaining to all personnel matters, and various state and federal requirements including but not limited to
- Updating federal and state employment posters
- Perform HR actions on employee performance and evaluation
- Administer FMLA and STD documentation, leaves of absence, and special requests
- Assists in managing HR Benefits for all employees
- Participate in HR disciplinary actions and documentation
- Participate in developing and managing the HR Calendar
- Ensures that all personnel files and HR records are maintained in accordance with state and federal regulations including administrative agencies.
- Under the leadership of HR Director, maintain and update current job descriptions, the HR policies and procedures manual
- Responsible for monitoring department practices to ensure compliance with the documented procedures
- Ensures Performance Management is administered uniformly and effectively
- Interface with legal department in matters of employment
- Collaborates with the Legal Department to inform and guide individuals on HR topics related to individual rights, responsibilities, and the legal framework supporting an interactive process and reasonable accommodations
- Collaborates with HR Director, employees, medical providers, and third-party representatives to obtain proper and legal documentation in support of medical benefits in accordance to the laws of the State of Arizona and the federal laws of the United States Analyzes, in coordination with the Legal Department, essential job functions as compared with functional limitations (as documented by medical professionals) to assist in the identification of essential job functions and exploring reasonable accommodations
- Acting as a neutral facilitator and resource to applicants and employees by engaging in an interactive process in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona and federal laws of the United States
- Maintain highly organized, detailed, and accurate records and documentation related to interactive processes.
- Ensuring appropriate procedures are developed and maintained to ensure the timeliness of all components of interactive processes of HR including but not limited to timely communications, follow up to any and all accommodations, leaves of absences, and
- Coordinate educational development and trainings regarding employer/employee rights, responsibilities, and obligations under the Family Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and any and all other legislation impacting employees, reasonable accommodations, access and equity for individuals with disabilities, etc.
- Monitors and provides guidance on institutional policies, procedures, operations, and activities for compliance with disability legislation, including facility, workstation, program, and event accessibility and accommodations.
- In coordination with HR, assess and supervise risk management, benefits, and payroll functions and monitor communications, services, timelines, and benefits for compliance with ADA, FMLA, STD and LTD, non-discrimination policies as regulated by state and federal legislation
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- State and Federal Employment knowledge
- An ability to interface at all levels of the organization and demonstrated leadership and customer service capabilities
- Must demonstrate strong and accurate written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle complex customer service issues in a professional manner, exercising good judgment in dealing with sensitive issues.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Must have strong teamwork skills & effective interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources management, business administration or related field, or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years experience in HR compliance.
- Five (5) years of experience in developing, writing and administering HR polices.
The employee must be able to lift 25 pounds regularly.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.