Thank you for your interest in employment with Global Solar; please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Position
Global Solar Energy is seeking a device scientist for developing and manufacturing thin film solar modules in Tucson, AZ. Our CIGS-based thin film is used to produce high efficiency flexible modules for GSE commercial products and to supply OEMs.
- Provide technical leadership in efficiency loss mechanism analysis of solar cell devices/modules.
- Propose practical solutions for efficiency losses and oversee implementation of solutions.
- Electrical, electro-optical characterization and simulation of solar cells, sub-modules, and completed solar modules.
- Utilizes a broad suite of optical and electrical characterization methods and interprets results delivering direction for further development.
- Coordinate with process engineering and product engineering to evaluate and qualify new process technologies and their integration to enhance solar cell performance.
- Identifies needs and establishes solutions for new characterization techniques in support of specific development or manufacturing programs.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Masters or Ph.D. in. Solid State Physics, Electrical Engineering or Materials Science. Thorough understanding of solar cell device physics and modeling is required. Thin film PV experience is preferred.
- 2+ years experience in device Integration of solar cells and modules in high volume manufacture or related manufacturing industry.
- Expertise in photovoltaic metrology tools and analytical techniques such as PL, EL, IR, QE, XRF etc.
- Experience characterizing thin films and semiconductor material interfaces.
- Extensive skill in utilizing and developing advanced numerical data analysis and modeling capability is expected.
- Outstanding writing and verbal skills.
- Outstanding collaborative skills; Strong ability to work with a multidisciplinary team for process development
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.